This course consist of two parts. The fist part is a theoretical explanation based on the cost management chapter from PMBOK (the book that is used for PMP certificate) and the second part is a practical example about how to apply the theoretical part..
Both parts talk about three main topics:
1 – How to estimate costs for activities in the project, which also include:
- Types of Costs
- Estimating costs tools and techniques.
- Handling Risk Reserves costs
- Cost of Quality
- Documenting the costs basis of estimates
2 – How to determine project budget, which also include:
- Determine cost baseline
- Estimate funding requirements
- Determine project budget
3 – How to Control Project Costs, through:
- Using Earned Value Management Techniques to assess project performance
- Calculating CPI, SPI, CV, SV
- Forecasting project costs y using Earned Value Management Tools
How to estimate costs for a project
How to determine project budget
How to control project costs
How to use Earned Value Management indicators
Engineering and IT practitioners
Anyone interrested in project management
Civil Engineer specialized in Cost and Planning, working in Sweden in a multibillion metro project. Holds a master’s in project management from Chalmers University of Technology in Sweden, and PMP Certified from PMI, USA.
Areas of expertise are cost estimating, control and monitoring projects, scheduling, budgeting and project controls.
For more info, you can check my profile in Linkedin.